[MPlayer-users] jpeg sequence while encoding

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Fri Nov 22 23:28:02 CET 2002

> It won't work anyway. mencoder only takes ONE filename. -mf requires
> the filename to be a glob-style mask that matches all the files you
> want.
>
> The correct way to solve the problem here (until mencoder is enhanced
> a good bit more) is to learn how to use symlinks!
>
> Rich

What does symlinks have to do with the original question of using time-stamp?  I use symlinks all the time, maybe even TOO often, to save on space on my system...  I think my suggestion for allowing -playlist for mencoder MAY be a better way, although this is only MHO on the matter.  In this way, he won't have to rename each file, or symlink it.  Maybe another option would be for <him/her/someone else> to write a script to rename multiple files to a batch, like *.<jpg,gif,png,tif,etc> to 000001.<jpg,gif,png,etc>.  I do recall seeing st like this out there, tho can't remember the name of the script.

Still wondering what symlink has to do with time-stamp,
S. Smith
http://www.linuxmail.org/