[MPlayer-users] gmplayer much slower than mplayer

Thomas Helfer thomas_hel at yahoo.fr
Sat Nov 23 11:44:02 CET 2002

Sorry if I disturb you, I just hope to be useful. I
have been using mplayer for a while now and really
enjoy it. I recently tried gmplayer, which I never did
before, and found, thanks to gkrellm, that gmplayer
was taking about two times more of my CPU than mplayer
did for the same movie (I was using Redhat 8.0 and my
CPU was a PIII 500 MHz). I am sorry but my
capabilities aren't good enough to give you more
information, but I have just talked to someone who had
the same problem, and this maybe worth looking at.
Thank you for providing us such a good sofware.