[MPlayer-users] silly question

tomas satkauskai at takas.lt
Sat Nov 23 18:53:02 CET 2002

Hello, friend

I've installed HR8 Linux just a few days ago (i've used only windows before). Today I"ve tried mplayer. have read lots of faq, but id did not help. My PC is IP200MMX with ATI 3D CHARGER 4MB (mach 64 chip I think). I was sure, that mplayer should play at least *.mpg files well. But "mplayer xxx.mpg" does nor work at all (xvinfo does not find any adapters, when i tried it), "mplayer -vo x11 xx.mpg" works very slowly. I understand that something is not configured well. But what?

Thanks in advance,
Tomas,
Lithuania