[MPlayer-users] gmplayer much slower than mplayer

Dominique Deleris dominique.deleris at bluewin.ch
Sun Nov 24 14:46:02 CET 2002

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002 11:27:43 +0100, Hans Larsen <larsen587 at firemail.de> said:

 >> Yeah GUI is suckin slow

 Hans> Guess something wrong with gmplayer. Very often it displays a notify box "Your
 Hans> system is too slow to play this" when opening an . avi. Therefore I prefer
 Hans> mplayer.

There seems to be a problem with the latest versions of
mplayer. The same movie (.avi) plays fine with mplayer 0.90pre8,
but pre9 and pre10 have problems playing it.

The only problem with pre8 is that it didn't take into
consideration some of the options set in ~/.mplayer/config
(especially this one : aop=list=resample:fout=44100)

So for the time being I'll stick with pre8 :-)

Cheers,

Dominique