[MPlayer-users] mplayer compilation error

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Mon Nov 25 21:58:03 CET 2002

D Richard Felker III writes:
 :: On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 09:47:23PM -0800, Dean S. Messing wrote:
 :: > postprocess.c: In function `postProcess_MMX2':
 :: > postprocess_template.c:2910: can't find a register in
 :: >     class `GENERAL_REGS' while reloading `asm'
 :: > make[1]: *** [postprocess_pic.o] Error 1
 :: > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/RPM/BUILD/MPlayer-0.90pre10/postproc'
 :: > make: *** [postproc/libswscale.a] Error 2
 :: > error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.66577 (%build)
 ::
 :: This error message indicates a bug in gcc.
 ::
 :: Rich

That's a pretty strong statement.  I'm aware of bugs in 2.96.x
and 3.1 but 3.2?  I don't see anything in the docs about this either.

I'm not disputing you.  I'm only asking if your statement is made
based on a deep understanding and pretty certain knowledge or
just a guess.  (My knowledge about these things is nearly _zero_
other than what I've read.)

I'd love to get the thing compiled so any help will be appreciated.

Dean
                               Dean S. Messing
                               Display Algorithms & Visual Optimization Lab
                               Information Systems Technologies Dept.
                               Sharp Laboratories of America
                       E-Mail: deanm at sharplabs.com

P.S. To anyone else willing to help me, please see my original
     post on this from last week.  It contains the details of what I did to
     get this error.