[MPlayer-users] libdvdread: Can't seek to block

David C. Diemer daviddiemer at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 26 00:06:32 CET 2002

Sorry about that - I missed the points about it playing other DVDs okay.
Well, as you clearly pointed out, Windowz players normally check the region
code before playing.

Many times the first title on a DVD is NOT the title you want to play, it's
the ROOT MENU (that loops), a language menu, a special features menu, or
something of the sort. And if I'm not mistaken, mplayer doesn't really
support DVD menus just yet. Anyway, I just tired to play my Billy Joel - The
Ultimate Collection DVD with your command line but it was garbage. I started
again with 'mplayer -nofs -ao oss -dvd 2' and it played just fine.

Dave