[MPlayer-users] mplayer compilation error

David C. Diemer daviddiemer at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 26 09:17:02 CET 2002

Dean,

I gathered from reviewing your posts that you downloaded the source RPM
and compiled from there. I've tried other source RPMs but then why I
would want an RPM that has the source in it when it's available as a
'.tgz' file?

Have you tried to download and extract the source RPM again into a new
directory (file writing error or download error? It only takes one bit
to be off!) and compiling again?

You could also try downloading, extracting, and compiling the '.tgz'.
It _shouldn't_ be any different than the source RPM but I've had nothing
but good experiences with the '.tgz'. Now before I get flamed on this
suggestion, I KNOW the source RPM shouldn't be different than the '.tgz'
BUT...

Dave