[MPlayer-users] 1 solution for AV sync problem

etienne gandhi gandhi.etienne at siemens.com
Tue Nov 26 15:17:02 CET 2002

mplayer 09pre10

I got an AV sync problem when using many sound track with the -audiofile
option.
I try the -mc 0 option, I got no AV desync if I don't use the movie
Forward and Backward keys, else I got AV desync, even with -framedrop
and -mc 0 options.

I try the following method: mux many audio track with the DivX track in
a sigle avi file, and it works well. I have no AV synch problem, and I
can use Forward and Backward keys without toubles, even without the -mc
0 option.

Here the commands I used (install transcode package before):

transcode -i english.mp3 -x null,mp3 -g 0x0 -y raw -a 2 -o eng.avi -u 50
transcode -i french.mp3 -x null,mp3 -g 0x0 -y raw -a 3 -o fra.avi -u 50

That will create avi file using my sound track english.mp3 and
french.mp3 of my movie.

avimerge -o movie_tmp01.avi -i movie.avi -p eng.avi -a 2
avimerge -o movie_final.avi -i movie_tmp01.avi -p fra.avi -a 3

movie.avi is the initial movie (with or without sound track), and
movie_final.avi contains now 2 more sound tracks with aid=2 for english
sound track, and aid=3 for french.

Now you can play it:

For the movie in english (audio id is 2)
mplayer -aid 2 movie_final.avi

And for french:
mplayer -aid 3 movie_final.avi

--GET--