[MPlayer-users] MPlayer Plugin

Oeystein Olsen oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no
Tue Nov 26 17:12:02 CET 2002

On Tuesday 26 November 2002 15:32, Everton Sanga wrote:
> No, because this plugin doesn't play this mime type for exemple:
>
> application/x-mplayer2
>
> Is there a way to make plugger do this?

Put the lines

application/x-mplayer2: *: MS Multimedia
ignore_errors maxaspect swallow(MPlayer): mplayer "$file"

at the bottom of your /etc/pluggerrc.

I did things a little bit different myself, because I've come across webtv
with several streams with different bitrates listed in the .asx file.
(Sometimes some or all the streams are missing also.) I'm using mplayer,
plugger and a small perl-script, which with the help of mplayer tests the all
streams and chooses the one best suited to you bandwith. It is something I
wrote up in about one hour with a really bad hangover, so I cannot guarantee
that it will work for you. Description at:

http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/webtv/webtve.html

--
Øystein Olsen, oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no, http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio
Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, http://www.astro.uio.no