[MPlayer-users] MPlayer Plugin

Mike Nix mnix at wanm.com.au
Tue Nov 26 17:23:03 CET 2002

No, plugger won't do it, but it can be done - I have just done it for a
project of my own.
You need the wftv plugin from  http://www.webfreetv.com/linux/

This also leads to a problem I had while doing it.... (using mplayer
0.90 pre 10)

This works:
      mplayer - < test.wav
This does not:
      cat test.wav | mplayer -
This fixes it:
      cat test.wav | mplayer -cache 8192 -
This fails the same as above:
      mplayer -cache 8192 \
         "http://server/answeringmachine.cgi?action=play&msg=1"

I ended up taking a leaf from the docs and modifying the plugin to do this:
      wget "http://server/answeringmachine.cgi?action=play&msg=1" -O - \
      | mplayer -cache 8192 -

Anyone seen / fixed this, or should I start sniffing about the source?

Mike