[MPlayer-users] subtitle problem and .mp2 format playback problem

Süttő Zoltán suttozoltan at chello.hu
Tue Nov 26 18:37:04 CET 2002

Hi!

I have the following problems using mplayer.
1. I have some mp2 file digitalized from a radio station which mplayer can
not able to identify and play as
    a valid mp2 format file. Uploaded to your ftp server
    Filenames: mix.mp2 and mix.txt

2. I have problems with subtitles
I'm trying to use my dxr3 card for watching DVD or DivX movies on TV.

a. When playing movie files the position indicator is positioned to bottom
right corner of the screen and not
    in the middle of it..The subtitle is also positioned to the right of the
screen. Playing these movies using -vo
    xv/x11 without these problems.

b. Problems with DVD discs. I tried to play these dvds with mplayer
    - Saving Private Ryan: the subtitle can not be read because it disappers
immediately.
    - Star Wars I.:  using -slang hu option   the Polish (I think) subtitle
can be seen on the screen instead of
       hungarian

    - starting mplayer from command line the subtitle can not be read
because of colors make them
       unreadable (gray, gray with orange outline, etc).
    - starting gmplayer subtitle colors are OK (white)

If you have any usefull idea or solution please inform me.
Thanks for your help.

                Zoltan Sutto
Ps.: Keep up the good work.

System Information:
  MPlayer-0.90pre10 -  em8300-0.12.0/em8300-0.13.0

Your Linux distribution or operating system e.g.:
UHU Linux rc1

kernel version:
 Linux localhost 2.4.18-uhu4 #1 sze aug 14 10:46:07 GMT 2002 i686 unknown

libc version:
 /lib/libc-2.2.5.so
 /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.2.5.so

X version:
XFree86 Version 4.2.0 / X Window System
Release Date: 18 January 2002
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/)
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.18-uhu2 i686 [ELF]
Module Loader present

gcc and ld versions:
gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
GNU ld version 2.11.93.0.2 20020207

binutils version:
binutils       2.11.93.0.2-1
as --version:  GNU assembler 2.11.93.0.2 20020207

This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.
This assembler was configured for a target of `i386-pc-linux-gnu'.

GUI situation in which the bug occurs:
glib 1.2.10-2
libpng 1.2.4-1
gtk+ 1.2.10-3
 Starting mplayer as root.Click on the DVD button the movie is started to
play
but the mplayer stop responding to any keyboard/mouse action.
 Doing this as an ordinary user everything is fine.

Hardware & drivers:
CPU info (this works on Linux only):
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 6
model name      : Celeron (Mendocino)
stepping        : 5
cpu MHz         : 467.734
cache size      : 128 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr
bogomips        : 933.88

Video card manufacturer and model, e.g.:
Matrox MGA G200 AGP 8MB

Video driver type & version, e.g.:
X built-in driver - mga 1.1.0
DRI from X 4.2.0