[MPlayer-users] re: Mplayer as a shared library

Balatoni Denes pnis at coder.hu
Tue Nov 26 19:03:02 CET 2002

Hi!

btw, this http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html is interesting. iiuc you
can use a gpl library in software under a non-gpl compatible license (i.e.
doesn't allow the composition of the 2 programs to be released under gpl) if
they are very well separated (dynamic linking is kind of borederline, fork is
fine).

This seems to be explained here:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#MereAggregation
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#IfLibraryIsGPL

And this one doesn't apply to something under bsd license 100% (which was
the original question), but helps understanding none the less:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLInProprietarySystem

sorry this being more and more OT.
Rich, I will be happy to start a flamewar until we are both banned from the
list :]  just keep your fine emails coming!

best regards
Denes