[MPlayer-users] Running Mplayer on thin client. Segmentaion Fault

Erik Larsson erila932 at student.liu.se
Tue Nov 26 19:57:04 CET 2002

Hi!
Hope I won't dupe someones question, tried to search the archive,  but coudn't find any info.

This is my problem.

I got a server that I have connected som thin clients to. (using software from www.ltsp.org)

Everything works fine, but running mplayer on the server and stream the video over the network to the client won't work, because I only got a swithced 100mbit network.

So I run the mplayer binary on the thin client and adresses the output to the thinclient.  (using rsh)

This works fine while playing DiVX movies, but playing a mpeg2 file causes a segmentation fault.

My way to get it to work at all is ugly. I simply os using ldd /usr/local/bin/mplayer to see what librarys mplayer is using. then I've copied them to the apropriate place in the home dir that is exported to the thin client.

I havn't found any soulution to compile mplayer on the thin client it self. running rpm won't work...

does anyone know a solution to my problem. It can't be much that is wrong atm, since I can play DiVX...

best regards
/Erik Larsson

(no debugging output atm...)