[MPlayer-users] Some stupid protection scheme

Vittorio Ballestra vittorio.ballestra at infogestnet.it
Wed Nov 27 15:18:02 CET 2002

Hello, I've tried to make a backup copy of my "The Lord of the Rings" DVD
(italian version)  using mencoder but at movie time 1:36:07 mencoder gives a
CRC error and it fails to rippit. Trying to play it the movie begins to loop
around that point.
I've tried of another DVD that a gave me a friend of mine and I had the same
result in same exact point.
Also if I try to watch it on my dear PS2 I encounter the same problem (the
movie begins to loop over 10 frames before that point).
After investigating on some PS2 forums I found that this is actually a very
stupid copy protection schema. This makes me anger and I'm try to understand
how to play this DVD with mplayer but I was wondering : has anyone already
solved this problem ?

TNX