[MPlayer-users] Blended fields on 2 encodings of Captain Scarlet series

John Evans jevans64 at knology.net
Wed Nov 27 18:35:03 CET 2002

Hi all,

I am new to Linux Divx encoding. I did Divx encodings of 32 episodes of Garry Anderson's Captain Scarlet series. All episodes looked good with the exception of episodes 21 and 32. Almost all of the fields were blended on these two episodes. I used pp=lb to clean up the interlaced frames on the others. I tried looking for a " field swap " option on mencoder with no luck. I tried all settings for pp= with no luck. I think that the field order on these two episodes got reversed during the telecine process. I had to go to the Windows side of my machine to encode these two episodes. The dvd2avi / VirtualDub / AVIsynth / Decomb encoding process worked fine on these two episodes.

Is there any way to field swap the source and feed it to mencoder?

Thanks,

John