[MPlayer-users] devices

Ian Molton spyro at f2s.com
Wed Nov 27 19:15:03 CET 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:29:31 +0100
Anders Rune Jensen <anders at gnulinux.dk> wrote:

> Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> wrote:
>
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> > DOCS/bugreports.html] Can someone tell me how to make mplayer output
> > to /dev/sound/dsp instead of /dev/dsp?
>
> -ao /dev/sound/dsp

Hm. I'll try that. thanks.

> > Preferably by default.
>
> Add to config

Not trying to be funny, but HOW?? I read the docs, and unless Im really
thick, none of them detail the config file systax.

> > RTFM!!!  http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu/DOCS
>
> right, it's in there

Actually, I find the 'RTFM' headers on this list 1) offensive   and 2) a
waste of bandwidth.

I /did/ rtfm, and found it lacking. I tried the '-ao oss:/dev/sound/dsp'
option as documented, and it failed.

Please dont assume people havent RTFMed. its NOT easy to find the right
info always.