[MPlayer-users] how to download trailers from apple.com?

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Thu Nov 28 01:00:03 CET 2002

Heya.

I searched my archives and found a thread from May, which is far enough
away so that I ask this question again ;)

How do I download trailers from www.apple.com/trailers/ ? If I just
look for the plugin URL and download that one I only get a small .mov
that contains several more URL, but none of those gives me the trailer
that I want. Of course I can fire up tcpdump, log everything, and use
QuickTimePlayer.exe with wine in order to find the actual URL - but
that's unbelievably messy and difficult. Isn't there an easier way? Or
does the player calculate the URL with some obscure algorithm that
noone knows about?

Thanks for the answers.

BTW: Where do you guys get your Quicktime trailers from?

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)