[MPlayer-users] Sound Problem

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Fri Nov 29 11:18:02 CET 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 09:02, Mark Hiscock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm receiving the following error when attempting to play movies.
>
> 	"couldn't open/init audio device -> no sound"
>
> I'm running Mandrake 9.0 / Gnome environment and my audigy is configured
> correctly (XMMS works just fine).
>
> This problem happens both when the gmplayer is run with and without
> soundwrapper.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on where the problem may be?

we need more info....

fill a proper bugreport..

or at least tell us:

are you using oss or alsa drivers?
what exact command line did you use to watch your video file..?
the output of that command with "-v" added...

p.s: i'm using mandrake cooker ( it's basically after-9.0 ) with a
sb-live and mplayer works fine

bye,
gabor