[MPlayer-users] Amazing

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Sat Nov 30 01:07:02 CET 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 23:17, Draco wrote:
> > I have just watched the quicktime version of The Two Towers trailer
> > in mplayer, even wihtout using wine (just follow the instructions
> > recently published on this list). Amazing. Good work, I'm impressed.
>
> What parameters do I have to use to get the-two-towers trailer to play? I can
> watch every sorensen V3 Trailer I downloaded from apple.com, but when I start
> this one, I get a listing of tracks in the file, and a MPlayer crash.

-vid 5....

when you start the file with mplayer,
mplayer's output has a part like this:

--------------
MOV track #0: 1 chunks, 0 samples
Generic track - not completly understood! (id: 0)
--------------
MOV track #1: 1 chunks, 0 samples
Image size: 640 x 272 (24 bpp)
Display size: 640 x 272
Fourcc: jpeg  Codec: 'Photo - JPEG'
--------------
MOV track #2: 1 chunks, 0 samples
Generic track - not completly understood! (id: 2)
--------------
MOV track #3: 1 chunks, 0 samples
Generic track - not completly understood! (id: 3)
--------------
MOV track #4: 1 chunks, 0 samples
Generic track - not completly understood! (id: 4)
--------------
MOV track #5: 730 chunks, 4394 samples
MOV: Found unknown movie atom SMI  (21)!
Image size: 640 x 272 (0 bpp)
Display size: 640 x 272
Fourcc: SVQ3  Codec: 'Sorenson Video 3'
--------------
MOV track #6: 367 chunks, 0 samples
Audio bits: 16  chans: 2  rate: 44100
Audio extra header: len=92  fcc=0x77617665
Fourcc: QDM2
--------------

that means, that track-1 contains a jpeg image,
track-5 contains sorenson-video,
and track-6 contains qdm2-audio ( actually it doesn't show that qdm2 is
audio, but qdm2 is a 'standard' audio format in mov files )...

so you tell mplayer that you want to play the video from channel 5 and
the audio from channel 6:
mplayer -aid 6 -vid 5 the-two-towers.mov

(actualy -aid 6 is not needed, because the auto-detection finds it
correctly )

bye,
gabor