[MPlayer-users] svcd making from vob with mencvcd

GD Lewis gdltek1 at dfnow.com
Tue Oct 1 06:18:02 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 09:59, SMuelas wrote:
> Once more, thank you. I have installed everything and tried several
> possibilities. The result is very good with with SVCD, although slow.
> With VCD the quality is lower, as must be.
> Just a new little effort and I will be able to finish all this. When I
> speak of quality, really I mean "video-quality" as I haven't been able
> to create VCD's WITH sound. Is there something special with sound in
> mpeg1/2. I tried before "mpeg2enc" and I had no probles. Now my question
> is:   What I must do to include sound in VCD/SVCD format ?
>
> Can you help me, please ?

How exactly are you invoking the mencvcd script?

What type of files are you converting?  The script automates the
procedure needed to create the vcd's.  It basically is three parts as I
understand it:

1. Both the mplayer video and audio feed are converted seperately into
mp2 & mpv formatted feeds using mjpegtools.

2.  These feeds are then rejoined into one mpeg1 formatted file.

3. This file is then converted into the raw bin format used in VCD's and
a cue file generated for it.

If you are not getting sound, try playing the file with just mplayer, it
may be that there was no sound encoded in the first place.

--
Grant D. Lewis
Running Gentoo Linux kernel 2.4.19-r7 on a GenuineIntel i686

"Those who define new paradigms for the world are often considered
strange at first"