[MPlayer-users] TVout without X.

Martin Emrich martinemrich at gmx.net
Thu Oct 3 13:09:02 CEST 2002

Hi!

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 10:01:54 +0100 (BST)
Stephen Davies <steve at daviesfam.org> wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html]
>

> On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, D Richard Felker III wrote:

	[...]

> For instance:
>  - my Voodoo3 doesn't do interlace
>  - my laptop controller (Tosh Portege) won't do interlace
>  - my Matrox G450 won't clock low enough.  Also, no overlay
>    mode when in interlaced mode - so no XVideo, mga_vid etc.
>
> Non-interlaced 720x288 worked OK generally but who wants to give away
> 1/2 the vertical resolution?
>
> What card exactly do you use?

I did exactly this with an old ATI All-In-Wonder-Pro (PCI, 4MB).
Definitely the finest, clearest Picture I have ever seen. Unfortunately,
I had a strange crackling noise whenever there was high video activity
on this card (I used it together with a TNT2 & SBLive). Currently I'm
building
a dedicated DivX-Player-PC with it, When it works better I'll tell you.

cu

Martin