[MPlayer-users] encode "n" frames every "p" ?

OLIVIER LORILLU olivier.lorillu at univ-orleans.fr
Fri Oct 4 10:15:02 CEST 2002

Is it possible to encode "n" frames every "p" frames with mencoder ?
If no, it would be great to implement this feature.

In fact, I want to do a "compressibility check" as the win$ GordianKnot
program does. So I need to encode a part of a film (5 or 10 % is enough)
and, in order have a good prediction of the kind of the whole film, this
part of encoded film has to be not contiguous.

It would be a jump in quality levels since with "compressibility check"
we can adapt the resolution more precisely.