[MPlayer-users] VCD standards

Santiago Muelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Sat Oct 5 09:54:02 CEST 2002

I have found similar but smaller problems with my player. It plays VCD
and/or SVCD but sometimes, 3 or 4 times per film, it freezes during a
few seconds -10 or 15- and after it continues.
I'm sure this hardware can play VCD's, but, perhaps, the problem is to
read CD-R cd's. What matters, in my humble opinion, is the date of
purchase of the hardware, and I would be really concerned if they are
almost new. I've try with some of the latest ones from some members of
my family, and all of them play wonderfully.