[MPlayer-users] nvidia tvout and non x11 fullscreen mode

martin pavon martin_199ar at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Oct 6 00:05:02 CEST 2002

 --- Sipos Ferenc <sferi at mail.tvnet.hu> escribió: > [Automatic answer:
RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> Hi!
>
> Thx for the help, I have solved the problem, the xv fullscreen mode
> works with twinview, so I only have to downgrade my resolution from
> 1024x768 to 800x600, and the tv switches on, then I run mplayer with -vo
> xv -fs and I have a full screen movie on the tv. Now, my only problem is
> that colors are not as nice as on the monitor, but I think, that's the
> matter of the tv quality and price.

Good for you! But I suggest you try with nvtv any way.
In my case it improve the colors and the fullscreen is fullscreen ...
Before the use nvtv, when I ran the movie in fullscreen, the image
didn't use all the width of the screen; there was two vertical black bars.
 With nvtv the image reach the border of the screen (there is a very tiny
bar only), I believe this is called overscan, but I'm not sure.
Well, I hope you can understand me, my english is very poor and I'm not
sure if I've  explained  clearly.

Regards,

Martín

Ahora podés usar Yahoo! Messenger desde tu celular. Aprendé cómo hacerlo en Yahoo! Móvil: http://ar.mobile.yahoo.com/sms.html