[MPlayer-users] more 4speaker questions

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Mon Oct 7 21:52:02 CEST 2002

On Monday 07 October 2002 22:12, gabor wrote:

> someone told me that sb-live-5.1 can decode ac3 streams.... so is it
> possible to send the ac3 to the card, and have the card decode it?
> because it seems like that is happening in windows...

I'm 100% sure sblive 5.1 does not have a hardware DD decoder, its such a cheap
card. It must be a software decoder. Windows is somewhat transparent about
these things.

Sblive 5.1 has two digital outputs, two stereo pairs. So there's no way it
could output the six channels even if it could decode them. There are 6
channels for analog output if thats what you want... so go play with lib52a
and read up on multichannel sound in emu10k1 driver docs.