[MPlayer-users] metacity status?

Jeremy Brenner jeremy at theedge.net
Mon Oct 7 23:57:02 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 16:07, Green, Shaun wrote:
> Jeremy,
>
> So are you running Gentoo now? I'm getting ready to install it soon pending
> the outcome of an udma5 detection problem I'm having with Red Hat 8.

Yes, yes I am.. at work and at home and any server that I have set up
since. I love it.

> I tried the Live CD they have on their web site with the UT Demo, and it was
> cool, although too slow since you have to still install the Nvidia drivers,
> and to do that you have to install Gentoo to the HD first.

The live cd is supposed to come with the NVidia drivers installed and
ready to go.  Actually you're not even supposed to be able to run the
demo without them.  On my P3-500 w/ GeForce2 that game crawls, on my
AthonXP1700+ w/ GeForce3 it runs smooth as silk.  Mabey either your
underpowered or you're agp bus isn't supported by nvidia's driver(runnin
and agp card as pci isn't pretty), Ok well feel free to mail me in
private if you want to know more about UT or gentoo. I'm sure they would
like this conversation moved of the list.

jeremy