[MPlayer-users] PNG with AA as subdevice

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Oct 8 21:27:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> >this NEVER worked: -vo png:aa
>
> What can we do to make this work?  Maybe a 'wrapper' for aa or png to send
> from one to the other?

mayeb by writing a filter, like vf_aa.c to convert image to another imegw
built from chars.

but afaik no way tyo get the rendered ascii image from aalib back.

> >you can't use more than one -vo at teh same time
> >since few days ago CVS can handle this: -vo png,aa
> >meaning: use aa if png not available
>
> >A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
>
> I think that statement is a bit invalid, -vo sdl:<aalib,dga,photon,etc> is
> using more than one vo
at the same time? ie it will display the same image on all the listed
devices?
it's nice then, but pretty sure slow too.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team