[MPlayer-users] dxr3 a/v out of sync playing DivX !

Jeremy Brenner jeremy at theedge.net
Wed Oct 9 20:49:01 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 13:11, gabor wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 19:45, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> > Do you think it's the soundcard who's making problems?
>
> it's easy to find out.
>
> -ao null helps?
> -nosound helps?
>
> bye,
> gabor

with my setup i've tried that.. and i still get the your system is too
slow messages. thats playing a divx with this command line

mplayer -vo dxr3 -vop lavc whatever.avi

if I add -nosound or -ao null I still get the messages. if I add
-framedrop then I don't get them anymore and my sound syncs up. I have
an athlon XP1700+.. and my processor usage dosn't top 30% while
playing.  I wonder if there is a limitation of the dxr3 that is breaking
things? mabey it can only handle a certain framerate? I'll RTFM tonight
and see if I can play with the framerate and I'll let you know if
anything changes.

jeremy