[MPlayer-users] mencoder, libavcodec and b-frames

Oeystein Olsen oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no
Thu Oct 10 11:41:03 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 09 October 2002 16:47, gabor wrote:

> try to reduce the problem
> for example don'd do any zoom, resize, scale etc...

I probably wasn't very clear in  the orignal e-mail. But I've tried without
any zoom, resize etc. In other words the exact commands that you included
below. It still crashes, but at a different time than with options.

> simply do a :
> mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1494:vhq:vmax_b_frames=2:vpass=1 my.avi -o /dev/null
>
> mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1494:vhq:vmax_b_frames=2:vpass=2 my.avi -o out.avi
>
> now does it crash too?
>
> if doesn't then try to add first crop, then scale etc.... this way you
> can find the exact problematic operation.
>
> bye,
> gabor
>
> btw. i tried a two pass encoding with vmax_b_frames=2 and it worked

Øystein Olsen, oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no, http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio
Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, http://www.astro.uio.no
University of Oslo, Norway