[MPlayer-users] vobsub => srt

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Thu Oct 10 11:53:02 CEST 2002

hi,

i've got a movie with vobsub subtitles... at least i think they are
vobsub subtitles, becaue:
1. a have an .avi, a .sub and a .idx file
2. mplayer -vobsub my.sub my.avi plays the file with subtitles ok

but i want to convert those subtitles into text-mode-subtitles.

so i went to search on the net, and found transcode..
i used:
subtitle2pgm -i my.sub ...
but i got an error:
"header SUBTITLE not found", so maybe the subtitle is not in a format
recognized by this software...

so is there a way to convert those vobsub subtitles into
text-mode-subtitles?

thanks,
gabor

--
listening to K-Pax Soundtrack - Grand Central