[MPlayer-users] Recording from TV procedure?

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Thu Oct 10 23:54:02 CEST 2002

Cameron Hutchison wrote:

>Once upon a time GrandMasterLee said...
>

>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>Is this possible yet? I can watch TV, but not actually dump the stream.
>>

>attached is the script I use to record TV with mencoder. You may want to
>adjust some of the parameters such as size, bitrate and channel list.
>You'll definately want to change the recording directory.
>
>CHeers

One more hint: if you are connected to network and have the clock
synchronized using NTP, be sure to turn NTP off before recording and
turn it on when you finish. Messing with the clock can confuse the a/v
synchronization code and cause sudden framedrops. I am currently not
sure how to fix this.

--

Jindrich Makovicka