[MPlayer-users] asx file support (OT)

Petr Pajas pajas at ufal.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Oct 11 12:24:02 CEST 2002

Laurent Lacaze <llacaze at cyberdeck.com> writes:

> that's right..
> so, in galeon/mozilla, when you configure extern-app to be launch with
> the mime type, you can set the option to not download the file but
> directly stream it from the server. in this case the "-playlist" option
> is not required.

OT : maybe that's true in Galeon, but I don't see such an option in
Mozilla (i'm using 1.2 alpha). Would be nice if there was one.

My solution for watching movies from web was to konfigure the KDE's
Klipper to open https?://.*\.(avi|asx|wmv|...)  URLs using "mplayer -cache
1500 %u" and I use "Copy Link Location" in Mozilla or Konq which
automatically invokes Klipper's menu.

-- Petr