[MPlayer-users] mencoder, libavcodec and b-frames

Oeystein Olsen oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no
Sat Oct 12 19:19:02 CEST 2002

On Thursday 10 October 2002 11:31, gabor wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 11:12, Oeystein Olsen wrote:
> > I probably wasn't very clear in  the orignal e-mail. But I've tried
> > without any zoom, resize etc. In other words the exact commands that you
> > included below. It still crashes, but at a different time than with
> > options.
>
> ok, so now:
> -what compiler you use? can you try with a different one?
> -can you create a relatively small input file to test it? so maybe the
> developers or other users could try if it crashes for them with that
> file or not

Sorry, I'm answering a little late. I've ended up in a fight with the local
IRS nad it's taking a lot of time. [They suddenly decided that I didn't live
abroad last year, which I'm pretty sure I did.]

As I said in the previous e-mail I've used gcc 3.2 and gcc 2.95-3. I
downloaded from cvs yesterday. Things have changed a lot. Now, I only recieve
a segmentation fault in second pass if -vop crop=<anything> is included. The
part that was encoded during second pass is still prefectly good, although a
little short. One file I've been trying to encode is

http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/ripped.dvd

I could've uploaded it to the incoming part at mplayer, but I'm not sure if I
should upload should a big file. (116MB, it's less that to minutes long.)

--
Øystein Olsen, oystein.olsen at astro.uio.no, http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio
Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics, http://www.astro.uio.no