[MPlayer-users] mencvcd video plays too fast

airstrip1 at ml1.net airstrip1 at ml1.net
Sun Oct 13 19:19:02 CEST 2002

Hello!

First I would like to thank the developers of mplayer for making the best
movie player for UNIX there is! :-)

Now to the problem:

I have a divx movie I want to convert to a vcd. The problem is that the
reencoded video plays  faster than the sound. The sound is behind the
video from a initial ~2 sec to more than twenty seconds at the end of
first part (first cd) of the movie. When playing the orginal divx video
with no sound with mplayer and playing the reencoded mp2 sound with xmms
there is no sync/speed problem. So the sound is ok then! (the initial 2
sec offsync isn't really a problem, I know how to fix that! The problem
is the increasing offsync as the movie plays)

I have tried to reencode the video with -vnorm p, n and s with no sucess
(the speed problem remains). I have modified the mencvcd script to add
the -p (3:2 pulldown) to mpeg2enc but it didn't solve the problem. As the
mencvcd script (orginal and modified) is using the -noframedrop option I
would assume that my computer preformance does not affect. When playing
on a dvd player the same problem occur. Mplayer says that the orginal
movie is DIV3 and plays at 25 fps.

Thanx!
--
http://fastmail.fm/ - Access your email with Outlook or over the web