[MPlayer-users] XVideo output fails unless Xine is also running

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Mon Oct 14 14:53:07 CEST 2002

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 04:29:44 -0700
Ben Liblit <liblit at eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> MPlayer presents a blank (black) video output window when using the
> "xv" output driver.  The "sdl:x11" output driver, which also tries to
> use XVideo, has the same problem.  This happens regardless of the
> specific movie being played.  Other video output drivers (e.g. "x11")
> work fine, though without XVideo's nice features.

Hmm.. looks like MPlayer dont like your first Xv port.
Let me see whether i can attrackt some developers with deeper
knowledge to this :)

		Attila Kinali

--
It must have been some unmarried fool that said "A child can ask questions
that a wise man cannot answer"; because, in any decent house, a brat that