[MPlayer-users] Re: Split an Mencoder Divx with vbr mp3 audio

Green, Shaun Shaun.Green at msfc.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 15 19:25:02 CEST 2002

>mplayer is compilable on windows using the cygwin [0] environment.
>You should probably first install directx headers [1] to get videooutput
>with -vo directx. SDL might also help but not required.
>
>Sascha Sommer
>
>[0] http://www.cygwin.com/
>[1] http://www.videolan.org/vlc/dx7headers.tgz

Thanks, I visited the sites. Unfortunately, though, it looks like Cygwin
requires an internet connection on the machine you install it on :(, but I
don't have that. I was hoping to be able to test this out.

But the first question is, what's MPlayer's performance and CPU usage under
Cygwin? Can anyone out there running it provide this? If it's not better
than Linux on the same hardware, then I wouldn't need it.

Shaun