[MPlayer-users] How to use Mplayer on Matrox second head?

GD Lewis gdltek1 at dfnow.com
Tue Oct 15 20:30:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 12:43, Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> Can someone either point me to documentation on how to do this, or
> provide me with a few instuctions.  Attached is my XF86 logfile.  I've
> got Matrox support built into the kernel, and when I load X I can see
> apps on the secondhead.  It looks like OpenGL doesn't work on the second
> head either...
>
> Can anyone offer any insight or documentation?
>
> Thanks!
> Chris B
> ----

Xv and OpenGL do not work with Xinerama as of yet.

This is not an mplayer issue, it's the way the XFree86 Project has
designed it.

In order to get them to work at all, you would have to run two seperate
screens altogether.

--
Grant D. Lewis
Running Gentoo Linux kernel 2.4.19-r7 on a GenuineIntel i686

"Those who define new paradigms for the world are often considered
strange at first"