[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD Playback problems (lots of info provided...)

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Oct 16 09:21:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 09:44:56PM -0700, Phil Dibowitz wrote:
> 3. How come I can't get MENUs like on a tv-based DVD player or a win or
> mac DVD player? Am I missing something obvious? I don't see this option
> and playing the DVD from mplayer skips the menus and foes straight to
> the first scene.

Why do people always want this junk? It's annoying and gets in the way
of the movie. If I want to watch a DVD, I want to WATCH the DVD, not
play around with silly animations and intro screens I have to wade
past before I get started. Just plain playing the movie without any of
that nonsense is a FEATURE of mplayer, not a bug/limitation, IMHO. :)

Rich