[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD Playback problems (lots of info provided...)

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Wed Oct 16 10:05:03 CEST 2002

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:44:56 -0700
Phil Dibowitz <phil at ipom.com> wrote:

> So that leaves me with a few questions:
>
> 1. I'm now using:
> gmplayer -ao oss -vo xv -cache 8192
> and playback is much better... but audio is still fractionally behind
> video. It's rather annoying. I've tried -ao alsa9 and get the same
> result. So I guess that's:
>    1a. Anyone know which is better: alsa9 or oss?
>    1b. Anyone know how to fix my video sync probs.

Did you just say audio _behind_ video ?
Well, than it's something else than a too slow machine.
Attach again a -v log

> 2. If I choose a specific 'chapter' (instead of just saying "DVD -> open
> disk") then mplayer shows a bunch of garbled video and then crashes and
> says "mplayer crashed, this shouldn't happen" I will submit a core
> either now if someone really wants, or if not then after I get
> video/audio sync problems cleared up.

Report it please.

> 3. How come I can't get MENUs like on a tv-based DVD player or a win or
> mac DVD player? Am I missing something obvious? I don't see this option
> and playing the DVD from mplayer skips the menus and foes straight to
> the first scene.

Still in development. (though there wasnt any change in that code lately)

		Attila Kinali

--
It must have been some unmarried fool that said "A child can ask questions
that a wise man cannot answer"; because, in any decent house, a brat that