[MPlayer-users] fullscreen with SDL problem

Marcin Bukat wodz at soliton.ch.pw.edu.pl
Wed Oct 16 15:25:03 CEST 2002

Hello!
I have such problem when using sdl:x11 video output.
1. If I run mplayer with gui and switch to fullscreen *before* playing
anything everything will go well.
2. If I run mplayer with gui and start playing movie in windowed mode
and then I press C (cycle mode) I will get correct fullscreen output.
3. If I run mplayer with gui and start playing movie in windowed mode
but then I press F (fullscreen) I will get blank screen (sound is
correct). Then changing to windowed mode (F again) freezes Mplayer.
4. If I do everything like in p.3 but change Fullscreen mode using
infrared controler (LIRC) Mplayer crushes (not freeze) with such error:

[ws] Error in display.
[ws] Error code: 2 (BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation))
[ws] Request code: 12
[ws] Minor code: 0
[ws] Modules: key_events

Sometimes this crush causes XFree86 hang.
I tryed mplayer0.9pre6 and mplayer CVS-021015

My system is:
Slackware 8.0 (with some upgrades)
kernel 2.4.16
libc 2.2.5
xfree86 4.2.0
gcc 2.95.3
ld 2.11.90.0.19
binutils 2.11.90.01.9

proc: Pentium III Coppermine
graphics: RIVA TNT2 m64
graphics drivers: nvidia binary drivers v.1.0-1541

Second problem is that in GUI Preferences menu there is no SDL graphic
output (I have to correct gui.conf by hand)

							Wodz