[MPlayer-users] mencoder - segmentation fault - vfat

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Oct 18 14:39:02 CEST 2002

Hi.

> -dvd works only when you have access to a dvd drive
> (optionaly specified by -dvd-device), it wont work with
> already ripped vob files (they dont behave like a drive ;).

Nonsense. If the DVD was copied 1:1 (including decryption) then
livmpdvdkit2/libdvdread is absolutely capable of accessing them from a
file system. I always use 'vobcopy -m' which mirrors the DVD (decrypts
and copies all files, including the .IFOs) and then '-dvd-device
/full/path/to/the/target/dir/'. Works flawlessly - as long as the path
is an absolute one!

Same goes for transcode btw as both use libdvdread/libmpdvdkit.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)