[MPlayer-users] BUG: -ovc xvid -xvidencopts not working ?

Martin Hoffmann ma.hoff at t-online.de
Sat Oct 19 09:55:02 CEST 2002

I have just tracked down the problem a little bit further (unfortunately not
solved yet :-( ):

It depends on the order of the parameters of -xvidencopts:
If i use -xvidencopts nodebug:br=1000000:mode=2pass-1 then every thing works
fine !
If i put the mode=2pass-1 at the beginning of the line -xvidencopts
mode=2pass-1:br=1000000:nodebug then everything behind mode is ignored ! Even
unknown parameters ! Seems to have something to do with the subconfig for
mode !???

Another "problem" in ve_xvid.c seems to be that br=nnnnn has to be specified
in bits/s - no support for kbit/s like ve_divx4.c has it ! Is this intended ?
I know that this is easy to implement, i just want to know if its intended
this way ....

Martin