[MPlayer-users] no video output with SDL compiled with gcc-3.2 (fwd)

Nilmoni Deb ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Sat Oct 19 22:08:02 CEST 2002

Hi,
	I am using mandrake-9.0 (gcc-3.2 based). Both avifile (latest cvs)
and mplayer (latest cvs, using sdl video output) show a black window (no
video, but audio is present) when used with SDL compiled with gcc-3.2.
I have tested this with different SDL versions:
	- SDL1.2.4 precompiled that comes with mandrake-9.0
	- gcc3.2 compiled cvs of Oct 14
	- gcc3.2 compiled SDL-1.2.5 stable
	- gcc3.2 compiled SDL-1.2.4 cvs

In all of the above cases:
	- video present if SDL compiled with gcc-2,96 (and used on
		gcc-2,96 or gcc-3.2 based systems)
	- no video if SDL compiled with gcc-3.2 (and used on gcc-3.2 based
		systems)

I have checked this with the same SDL cvs: gcc-2,96-compiled SDL
binaries work fine but gcc3.2-compiled SDL binaries show no video on my
gcc-3.2 based system.

	The problem is obviously not with avifile (or mplayer), but
between SDL and gcc-3.2. I want to know if others have faced the same
problem with gcc-3.2 based systems and is there is a way out (some
compilation option).

thanks
- Nil