[MPlayer-users] Configuration file?

Marco Gariboldi marcogb at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 22 02:09:02 CEST 2002

I can't find the configuration file in either of these
directories. Is there a way for me to obtain a configuration? So
that I can manually change the settings and get at least the
program to work.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Marco Gariboldi

--

Here's my error message (in bash).

========== START ==========
[root at MG root]# mplayer
Using GNU internationalization
Original domain: messages
Original dirname: /usr/share/locale
Current domain: mplayer
Current dirname: /usr/share/locale

MPlayer 0.90pre8-RPM-3.1 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS)

CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon TB Thunderbird (Family: 6,
Stepping: 2)
Compiled with RUNTIME CPU Detection - warning, it's not optimal!
To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with
--disable-runtime-cpudetection
Reading /root/.mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
'/root/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
Reading /etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: can't open
'/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or directory
(copy/link etc/codecs.conf (from the MPlayer source tree) to
~/.mplayer/codecs.conf)
[root at MG root]#