[MPlayer-users] record from TV ( v4l ) with sound

Krister Lagerstrom krister at kmlager.com
Tue Oct 22 04:30:02 CEST 2002

Jindrich Makovicka wrote:

 > The reason is that the timebases of CPU and soundcard are different.
 > It means that per one second of CPU time the soundcard doesn't
 > deliver 44100 samples but some more or less.

Have you considered using the same method as nvrec to solve the
problem? That is, adjust the audio sample rate dynamically using a PI
controller. I'm not sure about the exact details, but it seems to work
pretty good for nvrec. Or is there some reason why it can't be done,
like it is dependent on OSS drivers?

		/ Krister