[MPlayer-users] Creating SVCD from AVI with mencoder and mplayer

Lubo Drobny lubod at microstep-mis.sk
Wed Oct 23 08:52:02 CEST 2002

> Hi,
> how can i create SVCDs from AVI files, using mplayer and mencoder ?
>
> The scripts mencvcd is for DVD. How do i have to change it, tat it is
> using an AVI file ?

Hi,

I use mencvcd script to do that (it needs mjpegtools), in this way:

VIDEO:
./mencvcd svcd -svcdout -vfr 3 -vnorm p -noburn -cdsize 700 -mpgonly -vop
expand=576:480 -sub movie.sub -subpos 80 movie.avi

AUDIO:
I often need change fps from 23.976 to 25, therefore I change mencvcd script
to not remove audiodump.wav file.
To correct a-v sync I use mhwaveedit with effect speed with parameter
25/23.976*100% = 104.271 %, after speed up I continue with mp2enc -V -o
audio.mp2 < audiodump_stretch.wav and mplex -f 4 -S 700 -o svcd%d.mpg
audio.mp2 svcd.mpv

lubo