[MPlayer-users] mplayer not playing dvd,s

Christof Buergi christof at buergi.lugs.ch
Wed Oct 23 19:04:01 CEST 2002

Am Mittwoch, 23. Oktober 2002 05.58 schrieb ruth sondergaard:
> i have bought suse 8.1,and it has mplayer . i have played some online
> streaming video, but i have a problem with dvd,s. i can sometimes
> just barely get partial video playback on dvd,s, and this is
> streching it. most of the time i get flying squares on the screen
> with only viewable chucks of the dvd. i have tryed the various
> drivers . any suggestions?

Looks like you try to play CSS-encoded videos with a non-CSS version of
MPlayer. SuSE probably crippled their version to avoid legal fuss.

-> Get official MPlayer sources and recompile.

--
                     _ ___      http://www.p2501.ch/             / \
|/  /\   /\   /\  | \   |  |    christof at buergi.lugs.ch          \ /
|\ /--\ /  \ /  \ | /_  |  |    I'm breaking for DAUs, too!       x
                                Say NO to HTML in mail and news  / \