[MPlayer-users] "z" and "x" keys not working

Petr Pajas pajas at ufal.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Wed Oct 23 19:24:02 CEST 2002

Stefan Lange <hoirkman at gmx.de> writes:

> mp wrote:
>
>> According to mplayer documentation user can press "z" and "x" to
>> delay subtitles. Is this feature really implemented?
>> My mplayer (0.90pre8-3.2) simply displays "Sub delay: 0ms" in the
>> top left corner. No matter ho many times I press z or x, subtitles
>> are not delayed.
>>

> check you input.conf
> it contains lines similar to this:
>
> z sub_delay -0.1
> x sub_delay +0.1
>
> depending on your locale you might have to replace the decimal "." with ","
> Same goes for all other fraction-values, of course ( especially audio_delay)

If it was a comma in the input.conf it would complain. My guess is
mp's running gmplayer. I remember having a similar problem with
audio-delay: same behaviour - only osd saying 0 delay appeared when
pressing +/-. My feeling was that since gmplayer has these values
explicitely set in the configuration, it refuses to change them on the
fly using keyboard shortcuts. Sorry, don't have gmplayer around right
now to check in more detail.

-- Petr