[MPlayer-users] Prob w/ mplayer & kdm+fluxbox

mtzanidakis at freemail.gr mtzanidakis at freemail.gr
Wed Oct 23 20:27:03 CEST 2002

Hello world,
I've made the following entry on ~/.fluxbox/menu :

[exec] (Play avi) {mplayer ~/movie.avi}

to play the ~/movie.avi directly from the menu. However if I login to fluxbox via KDM and select it, my X Server restarts. I login again and it works fine.
On ~/.xession-errors I get :

Playing ~/movie.avi
^MCache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    ^MCache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    ^MCache fill:  0.00% (0 byte
s)

repeated for about 1000 lines.

If I startx, everything works OK. The problem shows up with all users, including root so it has nothing to do with permissions.
I tried it on a Pentium4/1.7 w/ slack-8.1 and on a Celeron/1.7 w/ gentoo-1.4 (gcc-3.2) with the same results.
The problem also happens with xdm. I don't gdm installed to check...

Any suggestions ?

.:: Manolis ::.

--
http://www.freemail.gr - δωρεάν υπηρεσία ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου.