[MPlayer-users] Bugs and requests.

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Wed Oct 23 23:53:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 21:09, |TEcHNO| wrote:
> Hi,
> 1. I coudln't get these sutitles to work propetly, no PL-chars. Anyone
> know a way to display them good? Using iso 8895-2 charset. Tried some of
> the conversion commands and they didn't work or mplayer reported that
> it's not a command.
> 2. Scaling is not working, in GUI it scales a bit while in
> console (-vo vesa) it responds that, that man'ish command is non-existent.
> 3. -vo vesa, either streches video maximaly, or with -zoom takes about
> 300mhz of processor power, cousing gliches, but maintains aspect ratio.[1]
> 4. <request> Adding a commend for better code pages conversion, ie.
> -subcp <lang_id>:<language specific codepages>
> -subcp pl:1 woudl return that subs are in lets say latin2, and convert
> it to those used by MPlayer(iso 8895-2 for poland I think), while
> -subcp pl:2 woudl return cp1250 (or somthing like that) ect.
> List shoudl be included inside the man.

what's exactly your problem with subtitles?
the usage is simply... you have to know in what codepage it was created.

for a list of codepages use "iconv -l",
but the most used are:
"latin2" ... that's the normal/linux encoding for most central-european
languages,
and
"cp1250" ... this is the windows encoding for centreal-eur...

for most subtitles you have to use "-subcp cp1250" because they were
ripped in windows.

bye,
gabor